Composition Shingle Roofing
While homeowners have a wide range of choices when it comes to modern roofing, fiberglass composition shingles continue to be one of the most popular, making up nearly 85 percent of all home roofing systems. These shingles compliment many designs of homes, but are particularly common in traditional suburban styles. So what exactly are composition shingles? This type of roofing material features a fiberglass reinforcing mat at the center of the shingle, which is coated first with mineral fillers (that adhere to the fiberglass) and then with asphalt, which makes the shingle waterproof.
The top surface of the shingle is then embedded with a layer of ceramic granules. These light weight, high quality products result in a long lasting roof, with warranties ranging from 10 year non-prorated to 50 year non-prorated, depending on which brand one purchases. Should a shingle become loose for any reason, they are simple to replace.
- Composition shingles are affordable.
- Composition shingles are highly durable: Composition shingles are an excellent investment in other ways, as they could help shield homes from harmful UV rays, decrease energy costs and utility bill, provide a level of fire resistance, and even help prevent the growth of mold, algae, and fungus.
- Composition shingles come in a variety of colors, textures, and styles.
- If damaged, composite shingles can be easily replaced on an individual basis.
- Depending on which brand you purchase, these shingles can be a “green” option as some are made from recyclable materials such as post industrial plastics and hemp fibers.
Choosing the right shingle for your home is fun, and Owens Corning has a style and color for every home. Owens Corning Shingle Collections give every roof a uniform elegance. It takes more than just shingles to protect your home. It takes an integrated system of components and layers designed to withstand the forces of nature outside while controlling temperature and humidity inside. The Owens Corning Total Protection Roofing System gives you the assurance that all of your Owens Corning roofing components are working together to help increase the performance of your roof – and to enhance the comfort and enjoyment of those who live beneath it. With so many collections to choose from, you can select the shingle style and color that will add dimension to your home’s exterior.
We are proud to be an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. We chose to work with Owens Corning because of its high quality and durability. They provide a large selection of color blends and styles that help bring out the true beauty in your home.
It takes more than shingles to protect your home. It takes an integrated system of components and layers designed to help perform in three critical areas.
- Seal helps create a waterproof barrier
- Defend helps protect against nature’s elements
- Breathe for balanced attic ventilation
Founded in 1886, GAF prides itself in quality, industrial-leading and comprehensive roofing solutions. GAF provides three types of shingles for residential roofing: Designer, Timberline and Three-Tab.
Although all three are excellent options for any homeowner, the best option for your specific roofing job can be discussed with anyone of our Roofing Experts.
Although CertainTeed provides many products for the interior and exterior of one’s home or business, the company’s roots are with creating roofing materials. With many features and styles to choose from.
CertainTeed is sure to have a product that suits any homeowner’s needs.
Composition shingle roof
Composition shingle roof system
Composition and IB roof
Composition IB residential re roof
Apartment complex Re-Roof